Friday, October 31, 2008

We love fall...October 31, 2008





Dan and I have busily working to put our house back in order as we continue working on our redecorating. Dan completed all the molding in the living room, sun room, family room and dining room with the help of good friends Crystal O'Barr and Curtis Crosby. His work looks amazing. We love the new ivy border in the four rooms and the tropical parrot border in the family room. Dan recently put up the new chandlelier over the dining room table.




I have been substituting this fall at Mariposa and Arovista here in Brea. The classes I have really enjoyed the most are first and second grades. Yesterday I was in a first grade class and we had a ball. Substituting is neat because I have been able to pick and choose where I want to teach. I have averaged two to three days each week, but I don't expect the volume of requests to continue over the next two months as conferences and staff development days are over. Now the calls will be for illnesses (adult or their children). I am very appreciative of having no work to do in the evenings. meeting other people's expectations and then not getting everything completed. The pressures were greater than I realized as I was teaching. I do not miss the pressures but I really do miss the children. The excitement of watching children learning is unbelievable and very rewarding.

I am really enjoying working in my yard and seeing the fruit/veggies/flowers growing so beautifully. My porch is a very relaxing place we love to enjoy. I have found gardening is my way to find myself again. Working in my home, cleaning and redoing... , cleaning out closets is a lot of hard work but also very fulfilling.



Tonight Dan will greet the trick or treaters as a scary pirate. We hope our family and friends enjoy a safe and fun Halloween.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Mom! I'm so jealous of your plants! All we have are tons of dead leaves. Just you wait though; you'll be the jealous one come April. :D I planted 200 bulbs this fall.

The parrots are exactly how I imagined them. Dad seems to be doing great with the crown molding. He doesn't look thrilled that you captured his photo though. Cute pants Daddy!

I adore your new chandelier.

Your blog suffers from a lack of adorable kitten pictures. ;)